Friday, October 17, 2003

just a voice

there is no connection
attractive, full-figured, skinny
blonde, or black, or brown
5'5, 5'2, 5'7, 5'3
hazel eyes
or brown or green
what's up guys?
and again
and again
for ever

sometimes i just want to lie
next to you
and talk about anything
and nothing
and breathe
breathe you
it's not that way though is it?
there is no connection
other than electronic
and basic
and mechanical

somedays i just want to hold you
or anyone
like we did
when we weren't sober
and all that was there
was
you maybe
and me
but you can't do that can you?

sometimes we would argue
points neither of us cared for
just to be engaged
with the other
or at least that's how i felt
but there is a connection right?

somenights i want you to be with me
just like in my dream
your gritty, wide-eyed smile
masking troubles underneath
you told me that you love me
you told me that you love me
you told me that you love me
through cigarette smoke
but now the smoke is gone



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home