Saturday, November 09, 2002



sleeper



woke up half-dead today
just like a thousand others
can't shake the headache again
or sensations that i'm smothered

rising from another deathbed
interrupting my destruction
i could be in a better place
if i could wake from this concussion

spots in my eyes again
dancing in asymetrical patterns
feels like i took a shot to the head
but i sure didn't feel it happen

i am feeling myself slipping
down the path to discontent
trials and tribulations encompass me
in this dirt cage i invent

my ending point is nearing
i can not escape its embrace
breath trapped inside my lungs
inching so close to losing the race

in this era of my dying
i've tried and failed to reverse
this forward motion going backwards
is meant to be a final curse




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home